Under the designation 600 D, the MaK company built 58 four-axle diesel locomotives with rod drive between 1953 and 1961, of which 19 locomotives were exported to Cuba and 9 locomotives to Turkey. This type was MaK’s first and least powerful locomotive with rod drive after the war. The engine installed was a slow-running marine diesel engine.
Our locomotive came to the Bremen-Thedinghausen railway in 1958 under the designation V62. Until the end of 1994 it was leased to the Württembergische Eisenbahn-Gesellschaft and from 1995 on it was leased to the Odenwälder Hartstein-Industrie, Groß Bieberau. In 2000, it returned to Württembergische Eisenbahn-Gesellschaft. In 2004 it was taken out of service and came to our museum via the Deutsche Museums-Eisenbahn GmbH (DME).
YEAR OF CONSTRUCTION
WITHDRAWAL FROM SERVICE
For better reading, the masculine form is used for personal names and personal nouns on this website. Corresponding terms apply in principle to all genders for the purpose of equal treatment. The abbreviated form of language is for editorial reasons only and does not imply any valuation.
Sie erhalten in Kürze eine E-Mail an die von Ihnen angegebene E-Mail-Adresse. Bitte bestätigen Sie Ihre Newsletteranmeldung über den darin enthaltenen Link.