The class T 3 steam locomotives were acquired by the Königlich Württembergische Staats-Eisenbahnen (K.W.St.E.), among others and were freight tank locomotives. All of them were taken over as class 893-4 after the foundation of the Deutsche Reichsbahn. By 1945, almost all locomotives had been taken out of service or sold to industrial companies.
Our locomotive was put into service in 1918 with the number 947 and was renumbered 89 339 after the takeover by the Reichsbahn in 1925. In 1928, it was sold to the Portland-Zementwerke Heidelberg AG, work Leimen, where it was used as locomotive No. 3, later No. 1. In 1972, it was taken out of service and came to the Railway Museum in 1975.
YEAR OF CONSTRUCTION
WITHDRAWAL FROM SERVICE
For better reading, the masculine form is used for personal names and personal nouns on this website. Corresponding terms apply in principle to all genders for the purpose of equal treatment. The abbreviated form of language is for editorial reasons only and does not imply any valuation.
Sie erhalten in Kürze eine E-Mail an die von Ihnen angegebene E-Mail-Adresse. Bitte bestätigen Sie Ihre Newsletteranmeldung über den darin enthaltenen Link.